Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Relaxing minute with Dragonwell tea and a holiday cookie

I don't have to tell you what's going on at my house right now because the same thing is probably happening at yours.  I am cooking, baking, chopping, slicing and cleaning all in preparation for tomorrow's Christmas Eve.  Being from Poland, we always celebrate with family dinner on December 24.

Since I've been running around for six hours straight now, I decided to take a little break with a relaxing tea and  thumbprint cookies I baked couple of days ago.  I need a little sweetness right now.

My tea of choice is Dragonwell from Teavivre.  I've tried three different Dragonwells and this one is definitely the best.  The full name straight from Teavivre website is Organic Superfine Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea.

This tea is delicious, smooth, delicate and creamy.  The dry leaves are mostly light green and have wonderful fresh, vegetal smell.


When steeping, I add a little more leaf, about tablespoon and a half and I steep it only for one minute at 79°C. I get about 3 wonderful steeps out of that.

The ready tea is pale green in colour and has a typical grassy, vegetal aroma.  The taste is smooth, buttery and creamy without any hint of bitterness.  Mind blowing goodness.  Yum!



The cookies that I made come from a recipe I picked up off of internet and tweaked it a bit.  The recipe called for butter only but I added half butter and half coconut oil.  I also included some vanilla. The family approved with mouthfuls of cookies and happy nods.



Thumbprint Cookie Recipe:

2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of coconut oil
Your favourite jam


Melt butter and coconut oil and mix it with sugar and vanilla.  Add the flour and fold it in until the dough sticks well.  Make round balls around an inch in diameter and flatten them with your hand. Make a dent in the middle with your finger.  Place you creations on the cookie sheet.  Fill the dent with your favourite jam. For this batch I used black current jam with great results.

Bake at 375°C for 15 minutes.  When cooled you can sprinkle it with icing sugar.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment