Saturday, December 20, 2014

Birthday afternoon with tea and family

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why."
William Barclay

Today is my birthday and most of my children dropped by to spend it with me.  We decided to go to the Brown Dog, the local cafe for some wonderful Ruben sandwiches and delicious drinks.  Brown Dog's is also a place where my youngest daughter's art is being displayed.  She is such a young budding artist. Her drawing is pictured on the very left side in the photograph below.


Once we took a million pictures of Angel's art, we ordered our food and drinks.  All of us ordered Ruben sandwiches which were made of a toasted bread with Montreal smoked meat, cheese, some sauerkraut, mustard and a pickle on the side.  They don't look like much in the picture but they were seriously delicious!


As to the drinks, of course I had to have a tea.  Last time I was there I tried their Matcha Latte and I loved it so much that I had to have it again today.



My expectations did not disappoint me today; the tea was delicious.  It had a lovely matcha taste and it was creamy and satisfying.  My next loose tea purchase must involve matcha.  I have to try and recreate this piece of heaven at home.

We stayed there for a long time, catching up.  It's not often these days that we all get together.  All of my children except for one, are now adults and lead their own busy lives.  It was great to have them here with me for my birthday.

Now we're all getting ready to go to the movies.  We are seeing the newest Hobbit, one of my all time favourite movies.  I can't wait!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Great blog!! What a wonderful way to spend your birthday!! I noticed that piece of art in a pic earlier and thought to myself, "wow, what a nice piece of art." However, I had no idea that Angelina drew that. It's beautiful. She definitely has talent in her little hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aga! This was probably the best birthday I've had in many years. :)

      Delete