Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mountain Organic Indonesian green tea from Tea at Sea

“I say let the world go to hell, but I should always have my tea.” 
- Fvodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground


The time has come to open another sample package and try a tea I've never had before.  Today I broke into the free sampler from Tea at Sea, a Mountain Organic Indonesian green tea.

The sample came to me in the beautiful packaging with a tiny sail boat included.  Now, that's something different.  I adore Tea at Sea presentation.  It's creative and very pretty.


The dry tea had delicate vegetal scent and the leaves themselves were rolled up in balls similar to oolong tea.


I placed an entire sample package into my teapot and rinsed with 85°C water and then I let it sit for about a minute to let the leaves unfurl a little and release some of the flavour.  I then steeped in 8 ounces of 85°C water for about a minute.


The resulting liquid had delicate yellow colour with a little tinge of green.  The aroma surprised me a bit because the tea smelled more like oolong, with the hint of flowery notes, than the green tea.  The vegetal notes which I enjoy in the scent of the green tea were absent here which was a bit of a disappointment.  I love my green tea with strong grassy smell but I do realize that not every green tea comes with it nor that it should. Some people love green tea but dislike the spinachy scent and this tea would be perfect for them.  In addition, I'm sure every oolong lover would love this tea as well.

Taste wise the tea was great.  The vegetal notes which were absent in the aroma made an appearance as a flavour.  The tea was smooth and buttery with spinachy and seeweed like notes.  In addition it left a tingle in the back of my throat with the ever so slight astringency which I really enjoy.  

All in all, it was my pleasure to spend a Sunday with this yummy tea.  Upon reflection I can't help but think that this was a rare cross between typical green and oolong tea.  Some happy middle perhaps. 

Thank you Tea at Sea. 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post!
    Love the first the one photo! Really creative and very pretty presentation!

    Lets follow eachother on GFC. let me know if it is yes. Leave a comment about following and then I will come back immediately and follow you.

    http://vkusnosbety.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon got more than what it asked for last Christmas, hence calling the 2019 holiday season the best ever. The giant retailer shipped more than one billion items worldwide, but the highlight was selling millions of its voice-controlled Alexa devices. Sales of buy it on Amazon Echo and Echo Dot were nine times higher this holiday season than they were during the same period in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really your blog is very interesting.... it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It's just amazing.... Thanks very much granitetopreviewer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic.Amazing i m really impress with your content and very useful it.BirjuThakker

    ReplyDelete