Monday, January 5, 2015

Polka Dot Love


Immortals, hear, said Jove, and cease to jar! Tea must succeed to Wine as Peace to War. Nor by the grape let man be set at odds, but share in Tea, the nectar of the Gods. 
 - Peter Antine Motteaux, A Poem Upon Tea



Yesterday on the way from grocery shopping I decided to stop by one of my favourite second hand shop for a little browsing. What I saw there made my heart jump for joy just a little bit.  A polka dotted teapot! Those that know me are aware that I'm a big polka dot enthusiast and I've wanted polka dot teapot for a while now.  I don't have a big collection of teapots and I like to keep it that way but a polka dotted teapot is a must for me.  And just like that, for five whole bucks, it is mine... all mine.

The teapot goes lovely with black bubble teacups I already have in my collection.  I could even pretend they were made for each other, right?  Unless of course someone would look on the bottom of both, in which case my little secret would be out. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment