Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Delivery Day!

I love the days when I wake up and know that something fun is due to arrive in the mail.  Notice, I included the word 'fun' because lots of things arrive in the mail everyday and none of them are fun.  They are mostly bills.

Today was a different kind of mail day.  I was expecting new delivery from DAVIDsTEA.  Last week I ordered Egyptian Chamomile (organic) and Peppermint Amour (organic).  I was out of both of these herbs and decided to give DAVIDsTEA a try.



The package took roughly a week to get to me and as usual included three free random samples. They put them in every online order.  Uh oh, that's like being a kid in a candy store and salesperson tells you to pull out your hand because he will throw some free candy your way.  What am I going to get?  What am I going to get?  The prospect of getting some mystery samples of tea is just as exciting as the main delivery itself.

First on to the main product.  The Egyptian Chamomile.  When I first opened the bag it smelled delightful, just like chamomile should.  It looked good too.  I'll be having a cup tonight before going to bed.

Organic Egyptian Chamomile



The second main product was Peppermint Amour.  It too smelled amazing, so good in fact that I couldn't take my nose out of the bag. I hope it will taste as good as it smells.  Judging by the reviews on Steepster I shouldn't be disappointed.

Organic Peppermint Amour


Moving on to my three free samples, they were:

  1. Read My Lips (Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate, red lip sprinkles, pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring)
  2. Orange Pekoe (Fine black tea from Ceylon, Sri Lanka)
  3. Coco Chai Rooibos (Rooibos, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, cloves, pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring)



All three sound very exciting although I could do without the artificial flavouring.  Something about the word 'artificial' that makes me want to avoid it in my food or drinks.  Anyhow, a sample won't kill me and I will be trying these out for fun but anything that I'll buy with cold, hard cash will be artificial flavouring free.

There is another package enroute to me and scheduled to arrive on Thursday.  It contains some Darjeeling and Oolong.  Can't wait!!

Cheers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment